London BiFest 2019
A celebration of the bi community, with sessions, stalls and social
Saturday 13 April 2019
1pm - 6pm with drinks afterwards
At the Kingston Quaker Centre, Fairfield E, Kingston upon Thames KT1
We're delighted to announce that London BiFest is returning in April 2019 with the same great venue as the last two years. Kingston Quaker Centre is a lovely building next to the Kingfisher Leisure Centre and recreation ground, a few minutes' walk from Kingston-Upon-Thames train station.
London BiFest is an afternoon event and will be followed by drinks hosted by the Kingston LGBT Forum at The Albion, an accessible local pub.
We will publish a programme of events shortly - see last year's programme of events here.
See pictures, and a Google Map for the
Accessibility and info:
The venue is all on one level and all wheelchair accessible, with disabled
parking outside. (For everyone else, there is a car park next door in the bus
station. Kingston train station is under half an hour from Waterloo and there
are many buses.)
Toilets will be non-gendered.
- The main hall will be a social space with stalls and seating.
- We'll have two rooms for running sessions, and sessions will run more or
less throughout. Some sessions will be drop-in spaces, so you can attend
more than one session in a time slot.
- There is a kitchen and you can bring your own food and drink or buy some
nearby (and we'll provide some drinks and snacks). Kingston is full of
shops, cafes and restaurants, including a gluten-free bakery.
- There is a children's/craft room with outside space, and a wildflower
garden (plus the venue is next to a field with a playground).
- There will also be a quiet room available throughout, with books,
magazines and drawing materials available and no talking allowed. (Phones
on silent too please)
If you'd like to have a stall at the event please contact us to arrange it.
There will be a jumble sale in the main hall - donations welcome!
Please see here for our full list of sessions, stalls and other programme items.
Please note that the venue doesn't allow alcohol, smoking or gambling.
A code of conduct will be displayed and enforced. We won't tolerate
biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ableism or any other form of
discrimination against marginalised groups.
The venue has WiFi.
You don't have to be bisexual to come along, just friendly.
We are committed to running an inclusive event. Please
see our access page for a full list of the measures we're taking to help
improve access to London BiFest.
- £10 supporter rate
- £5 standard rate
- £3 cheap rate (low income etc. No proof will be required or
- Free entry for people of colour/BME people
- No charge for children aged under 16
Pay on the day via cash or PayPal.
All volunteers can pay the £3 rate. We're looking for people to staff the
registration desk, help set up, help clear up, make tea and coffee etc.
We'll stamp your hand when you arrive so you can come and go as you like.
London BiFest is organised by Katy Harrad. She would like to thank:
- The Kingston LGBT Forum, with whom this event is now affiliated and who have organised the post-BiFest drinks.
- Healthwatch Kingston, Healthwatch Sutton and the South West London Health and Care Partnership, who have generously supplied funding to the event.
- Bi Continuity, whose funding enables London BiFest to continue running.
- The team of friends and volunteers who have advised, supported and helped to create the event.
- Everyone who has volunteered to help on the registration desk, set up beforehand, clear up afterwards, make tea and coffee and do the myriad other things that enable the day to run smoothly.
- The bi and LGBT community groups who have had stalls and/or session slots at the event.
- The session facilitators: Sally, CaRLA, and Marcus.
- The No Stupid Questions panel: Jamie, Gail, Lizzie and Sally.
- Kingston Quaker Centre for allowing us to hold London BiFest at their lovely venue.
- Everyone who helped to promote the event
- The event attendees, without whom all of this would be somewhat pointless.
- Other UK BiFests
- Kingston LGBT Forum - looking out for for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBT+) people in the London borough of Kingston upon Thames
- The Bisexual Index - provides support to UK bisexual activists and the UK bisexual community
- biscuit ... for women who won't pick a side
- meetup.com: meet-up site for The London Bisexual Group, BiWHitched, Kingston LGBT Forum etc
- Bisexuals of Colour - a welcoming supportive group for bisexuals who I.D as Black Minority Ethnic or Mixed Heritage
- Bi Coffee London - coffee meet for bisexuals and friends
- Bisexual Underground - london pub meet for bisexuals
- Bi Community News - Britain's bimonthly bi magazine
- @londonbinews - Twitter account for London and UK bi news
- Purple Prose - the first book written for and by bisexual people in the UK
- BiCon - annual weekend-long bi convention (and if you liked BiFest, you’ll probably like BiCon too)
Get in touch if you'd like us to send you flyers or email a poster
Please contact Katy at email@example.com or via @katyha on Twitter with any queries.
Find us on Twitter @LondonBiFest and on FB https://www.facebook.com/londonbifest